LPDS Data Structure Sample - Carl Zeiss

Some questions for tomorrow from my reading of the document:

1) For design ZDES01, the first two material entries have a Treatment section in common - both contain TRT02, but with different blank collection IDs, and different Base Curve Chart references.  it is unclear to me if these are two different design/material combinations, or if this is unnecessary duplication?

2) Understanding that the list of processing parameters may be for illustration only, note that CYL is given as an available parameter, but AX is not.  I like the idea of allowing the LDS to include the list of labels required - do we need to specify that, if used, "all" labels should be provided (so as to provide a complete list of labels to be included in the LDS packet), or should we allow this to be all/some/none as desired?

3) Further to the processing parameters, should the limits on a particular label (for example, SPH), be set up as separate "processing parameters", or would it be better/clearer if SPH existed only once as a processing parameter, and the limits be included within the specific "product" or "design" sections?

4) I find the characteristic family and blank collection/family to be confusing.  In characteristic family ZCHF01, does each of the TRT01 and TRT02 treatments apply to both the BLNK01 and BLNK02 blank families, or does TRT01 apply to BLNK01, and TRT02 to BLNK02? 

more to come

Regarding the points mentioned:

1)  The first two material combinations are listed separately as the first is a hard coated clear product and the second is a hard coated photochromic product. The photochromic product has a different range on the sphere processing parameter.

2) The processing parameters chosen were primarily for illustration. I imaged the optional tag on the processing parameter to indicate if it must be included, ie optional=true implies it doesn't have to be provided in the LDS packet whereas optional=false implies it must be provided.

3) This is worth discussing in our meeting. Perhaps just the limits for each variation would be better to reduce duplication, though this would add complexity when no variations are offered (trade off).

4) Both treatments apply to both blank sets. The different between BLNK01 and BLNK02 is that the BLNK02 is wide version blank set of the same material treatment combination.

Hope this helps

Archived