ENGLOC Data Type

SJO

Hi,

Could you double-check the Data Type of the ENGLOC field for the next DCS? It should be literal; instead of literal

Some of our customers does have jobs containing 2 different lens types for a single job (one lens SV, the other one PR FF) if the wearer just have an eye which needs a Rx lens for example.

In that case,

LTYPE=SV;PR FF

HASENG=0;1

and

ENGLOC needs to be ENGLOC=N;B

In theory you're correct.

In practice, is this worth making a change? It doesn't serve any purpose:

In current/new DCS version, ENGLOC indicates on what side the feducial (±17mm) marks would be located, for anything that tries to look for them after engraving. And HASENG indicates if there even are such marks.

So the only case where ENGLOC needs to be chiral is if it's F for one lens and B for the others. Which I'd think would never be the case. (right?)

Otherwise, there is no confusion or ambiguity. In your sample it would be ENGLOC=B , meaning that for this job the marks are supposed to be on the back side, and that only the left lens has those marks (which are on the back side). "which eye has marks?" and "where are the marks located?" can be (and currently are) independent questions.

There is an N value for ENGLOC only for historical reasons, I assume, from before its purpose/meaning was changed (in 3.11 I think?), before there was HASENG. Maybe before there was DOENG (I don't have at hand older DCS documents to verify)? And just as a convenience factor to have a "nicer" value where no lenses have marks.